Here’s a quick guide to help you take screenshots on your Smartwatches. Smartwatches have built-in tools for taking screenshots of your watch, but like most devices, you can’t do it directly on the watch itself. We’ll tell you more about how you can do it.
How to take a screenshot on a smartwatch?
One of the first things we need to know is that screenshots of photos taken with Android Wear on a smartwatch are not stored in the watch’s memory; Currently, on average, these devices have 4 GB of storage, which is a small amount in most cases.
Follow the smartwatch instructions in the Android Wear application to take a screenshot. The catch is stored in your Phone’s memory (which must also have Android Wear) after you have set up sync with the watch. To do that, the first thing you need to do is download the application.
If neither device has an active connection and is out of sync, you cannot take screenshots from your smartphone. But once you get to that point, what you need to do can be summarized in some simple steps, which we will explain below:
- Press the button to open the Android Wear app on your Phone.
- Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner to open the More Options menu.
- Search and click the option Take a screenshot of the wearable or Take a screenshot of the wearable depending on your language.
- A warning message is immediately displayed, notifying you of the request sent to your smartwatch. If you accept the request, you will see a screenshot of your Phone. Since the location is not a typical Android location, it is recommended to use an additional application to browse the files.
- Finally, a message is displayed in the notification bar for sending screenshots using any application you have installed, like email, WhatsApp, or social networks.
How to take a screenshot on WearOS?
Taking a screenshot in Wear OS is straightforward, except you can’t do it directly on the watch. You’ll also need a paired smartphone with a Wear OS smartwatch. Once you have both a look and a phone and they are connected, you should do the following:
- On your smartwatch, go to the screen where you want to take a screenshot.
- Then open the Wear OS app on your smartphone. The smartwatch must be connected to your Phone via Bluetooth and within Bluetooth range to work.
- The Wear OS app should display the watch name and the message Connected via Bluetooth. This means you are free to go.
To take a screenshot of the Fitbit Versa:
- First, select the screen you want to capture on your smartwatch.
- Now open the Android Wear app on your connected smartphone.
- Now open Settings, tap More Options, and select the Take Wearable Screenshot option from the expanded toolbar.
- You can view the screenshots in the gallery of your smartphone.
How do I take a screenshot on my Android watch?
If developer options are not enabled on your Android phone, allow them by going to Settings, About Phone, and tapping the build number 7 times. Open the Wear companion app on your Phone. Press the overflow button (three dots in the upper right corner) to open the menu. Tap Take Wearable Screenshot.