Fitbit has launched Versa, its latest full-featured smartwatch. But do you need these features or more than these from your new fitness tracker? Let’s look at this Fitbit Blaze vs. Versa 2023 comparison to understand which fitness smartwatch is best for you.
The Fitbit Versa is a fantastic smartwatch. The design is stylish and luxurious. Fitbit has improved its predecessors at this price point in almost every way, from adding Wi-Fi and NFC to making the Versa waterproof.
Fitbit Blaze, from the vivid full-color display to the lightweight construction, is easy to use all day. Pair this with fantastic battery life and a fitness tracker you can be proud of.
Both smartwatches are plentiful in the wearable fitness tracker catalog; now, let’s see if the Blaze or Versa is right for you in 2023.
Fitbit Blaze vs. Fitbit Versa: Which one is best in 2023?
The Fitbit Versa significantly improves the Blaze in design and functionality. The original Versa was about the same price as the Blaze when it first came out, offering excellent value for money.
Also, the fact that Fitbit has discontinued the Blaze means there isn’t much to do. Third-party retailers already have limited stock and may no longer have replacements for defective products. Also, there are no upgrades or updates to the features. And when customizing, you may not get the accessories you want.
If you’re looking for a smart fitness tracking watch at a discounted price, definitely get the Blaze. If it works well, that’s great.
But if you don’t mind spending a few bucks more, go for the Versa. You’ll enjoy some significant additions and an opportunity to get accessories for more styling and customization options.
Main features of Fitbit Blaze
1. Multi-sport: Blaze’s multi-sport tracking feature lets you track a variety of sports and activities, including running, cross-training, cardio, and biking. Select a sport mode, and you’ll see real-time stats on your screen.
2. PurePulse heart rate: Fitbit Blaze provides continuous wrist-based heart rate monitoring with PurePulse technology. This means you can see and maximize your workout intensity with a sustained heart rate and simplified zones without using a constricted and uncomfortable chest strap.
3. Smart track: Blaze uses SmartTrack to recognize and automatically record your workouts. So even if you forget to log your activity, you can still get credits as long as your Blaze is on.
4. Connected GPS: You can connect your Blaze with your smartphone’s GPS to map your route. So you can see running stats like time and pace displayed on the screen.
5. Workout Goals + Summary: You can set a weekly workout goal in the Fitbit app, then check your workout summary in Blaze to see where you’ve reached your destination.
The Fitbit Blaze does a great job tracking fitness and has excellent features to help you stay motivated to reach your fitness goals. Fitstar is also an exciting add-on for those who like a workout challenge.
However, many people are confused about whether Blaze belongs to the fitness trackers or smartwatches category. It’s a lot smarter than a regular fitness tracker. However, it is somewhat lacking as a smartwatch.
Main features of the Fitbit Versa
1. Multi-sport mode: Versa likewise has all-day activity tracking, SmartTrack, the Fitbit app, and a multi-sport mode.
2. PurePulse heart rate: Like the Blaze, the Fitbit Versa has a PurePulse heart rate that continuously monitors your heart rate. It also has automatic sleep tracking to track your sleep quality and stages from light to deep to REM and gain insight into the night.
Additional features you can find on Fitbit Versa include:
3. Onboard music storage: You can upload more than 300 of your songs to your device. You can also sync it with Deezer playlists. You can also listen to music using a Bluetooth device.
4. NFC contactless payment: You can run without carrying a big wallet or cash. With Versa, you can stop by your favorite coffee shop and pay with Fitbit Pay.
5. Fast answer: Like Blaze, you can receive calls, texts, and calendar notifications here. But with Versa, you can quickly respond to messages you receive on your Android phone.
6. More watch faces: You can choose from hundreds of watch faces.
7. Women’s Health Tracking: Ladies, you can record your menstrual cycle and compare it to other health metrics like activity, weight, and sleep.
8. Download more apps: You can download your favorite apps that aren’t necessarily fitness-related.
Fitbit Blaze vs. Versa Value 2023
The Fitbit Blaze is at the upper tier regarding pricing in the Fitbit lineup. However, the Blaze has been on the market for several years and is on sale at a significant discount.
Given the sale price at which you can find it, the Blaze is a far more exciting value for those looking for a reliable fitness tracker. And with the money you save, you can buy a few more bands and have great accessories.
On the other hand, The Fitbit Versa comes at a very competitive price point of under $200. You can get excellent performance at this price. For hundreds of dollars more than the best smartwatches on the market, it’s well worth it.
Critical Differences Between Fitbit Blaze and Fitbit Versa
- Fitbit Versa has a more modern design, while Fitbit Blaze is cheaper.
- The Blaze has a larger screen, while the Fitbit Versa offers more accessories and extra features.
- Versa is still on the market, while the Fitbit Blaze has been discontinued.
- Fitbit Versa offers dusted and water-resistant, while Fitbit Blaze doesn’t provide.
The Fitbit Blaze and Fitbit Versa are fantastic smartwatches. Both are worthwhile in their way, but obviously, the Versa can do it all and may offer extra features. So, in all matters, the Versa will take the winning spot and rise to the top.
All in all, the Fitbit Blaze and Versa are unique and unforgettable smartwatches. Both deserve to win, but this comparison has only one winner. Versa does everything the Fitbit Blaze can and more, adding various features and specs. There are additional sensors to track different movements and activities.
Also, the Versa supports more sports activities than the Blaze. The Versa has also improved relationships with music and NFC support, and best of all, it’s water-resistant to attack and conquer the Blaze once again.
They have a cost difference, but not enough to get the Versa all the attention. The Versa is the perfect companion for ultimate power, but the Blaze is still happy and can satisfy users who want a great watch.
The Fitbit Versa is a watch that has gone all the way to being superior and satisfying its customers in the long run.
What’s the difference between Blaze and Versa?
The main difference between the Blaze and the Versa is that the Versa is water resistant to 50m, can track your swims, and runs Fitbit OS Fitbit’s new operating system.
Another difference, Versa feels more integrated. Although it was one piece and the Blaze’s frame was unique as a design point, it became a little thicker. Gone are the angular design with rounded corners and a domed back; the Versa is thinner and lighter.
Is your Fitbit Blaze outdated?
Four years is a lot of time in tech. Many innovations in smartwatches come through app dashboards and remote updates, but the design cannot be updated. The Blaze uses an outdated design and represents a hybrid category you don’t need.
Which Fitbit is closest to the Blaze?
Smartwatch features aside, the Versa and Blaze are very similar devices. Fitbit calls the Versa a proper smartwatch and the Blaze a smart fitness watch, but a few functional differences set the two apart.